- 3 lb. flank steak, cut into thirds
- 2 c. chicken stock
- 1/4 c. red wine vinegar
- 2 T. cumin
- 1 T. salt
- 1 t. black pepper
- 1/2 t. cayenne, optional
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- handful baby carrots, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 oz. mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 T. minced garlic
- 1 can tomatoes with green chilies (Rotel type tomatoes - I didn't have on hand but I think it would've made a good addition)
- 1/2 c. fresh cilantro, chopped
- for serving: jalapenos, sour cream/greek yogurt, fresh lime wedges, tortillas (it makes yummy wraps!), rice (also very good served over rice).
1. Start by chopping/slicing all the veggies (can be done the night before). In a 6 qt. slow cooker, combine stock, vinegar, and vegetables. Add garlic and spices and stir to combine.
4. Return steak to the pot, add fresh cilantro, and stir to combine. Ladle into bowls or over rice. Garnish with additional cilantro, jalapenos, sour cream/greek yogurt, and/or fresh lime juice. Stew only tastes better leftover!