Saturday, March 28, 2015

Slow Cooker Cilantro Ranch Fajitas

I decided that I had to sneak in one more recipe in my kitchen before moving day.  We've had too many good meals there not to.  Obviously, I had very little left in my kitchen to work with, but with a slow cooker, tiny cutting board, and a knife, I was able to make up a batch of fajitas before work today.  I went through the fridge and the few pantry items left and created this Working Mama Meal.  Here's how Mama makes it (for the last time in our first house):

Slow Cooker Cilantro Ranch Fajitas


Ingredients:
- 1 pkg chicken breasts (1.5-2lbs), sliced
- 2 green bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 large (or 2 small) onions, thinly sliced
- 2 T. cilantro paste (or about 1/3 c. fresh)
- 2 T. minced garlic
- 1 pkg fajita seasoning
- 1 pkg ranch seasoning
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 c. chicken stock (start with about 3/4 c. and add more as needed)
serving suggestions:  tortillas, sour cream (or nonfat greek yogurt), hot sauce, fresh cilantro, jalapenos


Directions:

1.  Slice the vegetables and chicken into thin slices, place in a lined slow cooker.

2.  Add remaining ingredients and stir gently to combine.  Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or high for 4 hours.  Serve with tortillas and desired toppings.
Printable recipe: https://sites.google.com/site/makingmamaskitchen/slow-cooker-cilantro-ranch-fajitas

I decided to just type this up on my phone and post it before it's even done cooking.  Emma woke me up early so I had plenty of extra time this morning.  I doubt I'll actually remember to take a photo of the finished fajitas, or have anything but a paper plate to stage it on anyway.  See reasoning below :)
See ya'll soon in Mama's NEW kitchen! (as soon as it's no longer John Deere Green colored...)

No comments:

Post a Comment