Monday, April 20, 2015

Cheddar Dill Beer Bread

I came across this recipe while unpacking my cookbooks.  It was on a little blue post-it I had shoved in my index card box of recipes, mostly from our first few years of marriage.  I always intended to buy a new box and rewrite them all onto neat, tidy, matching recipe cards, but instead I started a food blog.  In hindsight, I actually like my funny little conglomeration of post-its, magazine clippings, and recipe cards from friends.  It has character.  Even if I end up losing deliciously simple recipes like this one, only to be rediscovered years later.  It was like unpacking all the girls' toys after the move - Christmas in April!  Especially when you see how easy it is to have homemade bread on the table in about 10 minutes (plus cook time). Here's how Mama makes it:
Cheddar dill beer bread

Ingredients:

- 3 c. flour
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1 t. salt
- 1 T. baking powder
- 1 T. dill weed
- 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 oz. beer


Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl, and whisk until combined.

2.  Stir in shredded cheese and beer until just mixed.

3.  Pour into a greased 9-inch pie plate and bake at 375 for 45 minutes.  Cut into slices and enjoy!


We forgot to take a picture before I cut into it. Our BFFs were staying over and we were eager to get the bonfire started so these cuties could enjoy some s'mores before bedtime.



No comments:

Post a Comment