Sunday, April 12, 2015

Creamy Ham and Wild Rice Soup

Call me crazy, but I jumped at the opportunity to host Easter less than a week after we moved in to our new house.  I was eager to show the house to everyone and it made for a great excuse to make sure my kitchen was painted ASAP.  I used this ham glaze from the Pioneer Woman and IT WAS AWESOME!!  Everyone really liked it, but as usual, I over-cooked so we had a good amount of leftovers.  Based on a Betty Crocker recipe, here's how I used some of the leftovers to make a soup for my mom, grandma, and aunt who came to visit a few days later.  It was a big hit, too!

Creamy Ham and Wild Rice Soup

Cook in a lined or greased slow cooker over low heat for 7 to 8 hours:
- 2 c. chopped cooked ham
- 1 c. chopped carrots
- 2-3 small red potatoes, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 c. chicken stock
- 1 can low sodium cream of celery soup
- 3 c. water
- 1/2 c. wild rice
- 1/2 t. freshly ground black pepper


add last 15-20 minutes before serving:
- 1 c. half-and-half
- 2 T. dry sherry, optional
- 1/4 c. sliced almonds
- 1/4 c. chopped fresh parsley

printable recipe
And here's some cute kiddo pics to look at while you're waiting for your soup to cook:









No comments:

Post a Comment