Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Rice Jello Salad


Ingredients:
-3 cups cold water
-1/2 cup raw rice
-1/2 t. salt
-1/2 cup sugar
-1 (3 oz.) package cherry Jello
-1 (13 oz.) can crushed pineapple
-1 (8 oz.) carton whipped topping (Cool Whip)

Directions:

1. Bring water, rice, and salt to boil. Cover and simmer 20-25 minutes.

2. Remove from heat - do NOT drain! Add sugar, Jello, and pineapple. Pour into large bowl and refrigerate until almost set.

3. Fold in whipped topping.

I love making this for holidays and pitch-ins. It was great for Easter because it comes out a very pretty pink color.

8 comments:

  1. I am hoping this is the recipe I've been trying to find for years! My husband and I, who grew up on opposite sides of the state and 15 years apart, both remember having this at a buffet restaurant that closed many years ago!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Duff’s buffet in Ohio and Indiana

      Delete
  2. Kings table buffet...I hope this is it..been looking for it too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's same recipe I've looked for years .I hope its the kings table salad pink with rice .good luck

      Delete
  3. This is also yummy with lemon Jello. A tin of mandarin orange segments (drained) or 2 small bananas, sliced, are options. I prefer using 1 cup whipping cream, whipped instead of the whipped topping, but I know the non-dairy whipped topping holds its shape longer and is definitely the choice for those with lactose issues. No matter which options one uses, this is satisfying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been looking for this for over 20 years my mom made this all the holidays she passed away before I could get the recipe

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have made this but add nuts and small marshmallows. Both are great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mom used to make this but instead of pineapple she used fruit coctail

    ReplyDelete