Sunday, April 11, 2010

Artichoke and Spinach Ravioli with Toasted Garlic Bread


Here is a quick and easy, "semi-homemade" meal that I like to keep on hand for those busy nights when I just can't spare a lot of time to cook dinner.


Ingredients:
-1 box frozen ravioli (our favorite is the artichoke and spinach)
-1/2 stick butter or margarine (I use Brummel and Brown's, which is a no cholesterol margarine made w/ yogurt.)
-olive oil (~1/3-1/2 cup)
-2 T. Italian spice blend
-2 t. Dill weed
-1-2 T. minced garlic
-Loaf of bread (I prefer either a crusty Italian bread, or in this case, I used a homemade bread from my father-in-law.)
-Garlic salt
-parsley, optional (gives the bread those little green specs)


Directions:


1. Make ravioli on the stove, according to package directions.


2. Meanwhile, prep the bread by slicing, brushing with olive oil on both sides, and sprinkling with garlic salt and parsley (I actually use a garlic salt that has parsley already in it). Cover a cookie sheet with foil and place bread slices about an inch apart. Bake at 425 degrees for about 6-8 minutes or until golden brown, turning once after about 4 minutes.


3. For the garlic herb sauce, melt butter in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Add olive oil (so that it's about 1:1, butter:oil). Add Italian seasoning blend, dill, and minced garlic. Bring to boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 2-3 min. Pour over ravioli.




Note: I usually serve with a frozen vegetable as well. I love the steam-in-the-bag veggies that can be kept on hand and ready in only 5 minutes. For this particular dish, I prefer a vegetable blend that has some color to offset all the green.

No comments:

Post a Comment