Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Peanut Post: They Published Our Story!

A couple weeks ago, I got a call from Kathy Ryan, one of the nurses in charge of the Monogram Maternity program at the hospital where Annalyn was born, telling me that they were publishing our birth story in the July issue of Indy's Child Magazine.  As I've probably mentioned before, I was asked before we left the hospital to write a blog post for the Monogram Maternity Blog, telling the story of how our little Peanut was born.  So, about a week or so after we got home, I was contacted and (thankfully!) given some questions to help my mush of a brain relay the amazing experience we'd had.

Yep, pretty cool to see us in print!


St. Vincent has this program called Monogram Maternity, that in their own words is "a personalized approach to childbirth."  Throughout my pregnancy, Michael and I were able to meet with Kathy to tour the hospital, set up classes, discuss our plans/preferences, and fill out paperwork ahead of time.   I still credit the fact that I was so calm to this incredibly streamlined process.

 
 
Indy's Child Magazine is a local free publication that can be found at all the St. Vincent locations as well as several Marsh supermarkets around the city.  You can also read it online here
  

2 comments:

  1. Adorable! I need to start following your blog, especially as I try to post in mine on a regular basis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just realized you have a blog, I'm now a follower! I just love posting about Annalyn, so I'm sure you will, too. I think/hope it will be a lot of fun for her to read someday. I figure she will get different things from it at different stages in her life, but I think it would be neat to see what was important/special/hard/fun for my mom at my age. Good luck! Just think, ANY TIME NOW!!! Sending happy thoughts and prayers for an uncomplicated/healthy birth experience :)

      Delete