Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Snack Attack: Almond Joy Refrigerator Oats

Here's a delicious, filling snack/breakfast treat based on one of my favorite candy bars.  The best part - it's made up ahead of time and the refrigerator does most of the work for you!  I usually mix it up the night before or the morning of if I plan to have it as a late afternoon snack.  It can be served cold like porridge or warm like traditional oatmeal.  Either way, it's delicious and probably better for me than eating candy bars all day!  Here's how Mama makes it:

Almond Joy Refrigerator Oats

Ingredients:
equal parts (I usually do 1/4 c. servings, but lately I've used 1/3 c. since I'm soooo hungry!):
- steel cut or rolled oats
- coconut Greek yogurt
- low-fat milk (cow's, almond, soy, whatever you like)
2 T. each
- mini chocolate chips
- sweetened coconut
- slivered almonds

Directions:
1.  In a small bowl, mix oats, yogurt, and milk.  Place in refrigerator overnight or at least 6-8 hours to soften the oats.

2.  When ready to eat, either heat the oats first (if serving warm), or add remaining ingredients, stir, and enjoy!  I really like to eat these cold lately since it's been warmer outside, but it's good either way.




No comments:

Post a Comment