Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Back to Work

I never appreciated breastfeeding so much as before and after my first 13 hour shift (2nd day of work) post-maternity leave.  The look on little Emelina's sweet face when she saw me melted my aching heart.  I thought she might nurse forever and never let go.  I honestly probably would've let her.  I can't even describe how hard it was to lay her down yesterday morning knowing I wouldn't pick her up again for 15 hours (ended up being 12 because Michael brought them to see me).

Annalyn was pretty excited to see me, too, but was more interested in picking out a sucker in the pharmacy and going potty on "Mommy's work potty."  Michael told her to tell me what she did today and she chose these super helpful words, "I woke up and mommy wasn't there and I cried because you went to work and I wanted to play with you."  Michael: "yea, I was going for 'I made you a pretty finger-painting,' but way to go, kid."  That kid has guilt down gooood!  Honestly, I'm not even sure if the crying story is true.  Our nanny said she did great.  

Don't get me wrong, I had a good day at work.  I got to see a lot of my favorite patients, show off pics of the girls, and catch up with coworkers.  I got to use my brain and enjoy working without all the pain/discomfort of pregnancy (always the coolest thing when I go back!). Twelve weeks is just too soon for this mama.  I know many people take way less, and I'm so glad we were able to take 12, but it just isn't long enough.  She's too little.  I'm too attached/nervous/clingy/jealous/worried. But we made through.   

Love you and miss you like crazy sweet babies!  Let's make our days off together count :)

Love,
Mama



PS - pumping is for the birds!  Not a big fan of that... Especially while running a retail pharmacy.  At least I have awesome techs, I suppose!

No comments:

Post a Comment