- 2 boxes Jiffy cornbread mix
- 4 T. olive oil
- 2/3 c. milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 (4 oz.) can chopped green chiles (or about half of the 7 oz can)
- 2/3 c. shredded cheddar cheese (freshly grated, if possible)
- optional variation: add chopped jalapenos for an extra spicy treat
1. In a large bowl, mix cornbread according to package directions. Stir in chopped green chiles and shredded cheddar. Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat until smoking.
3. Now for the fun part - the flip! The easiest way for me, was to loosen it with a spatula, then slide onto a plate. From there, I quickly flipped it into the pan, face down. (my aim was slightly off, so part of the side got a little mangled, but don't worry, it tasted just fine!). If the lid to your pan doesn't have too much of a lip on it, you could probably use that to flip it, too. (sorry, it's really hard to photograph this step and Michael was a little tied up with our crazy babies.)
4. Cook an additional 10-15 minutes, until underside is lightly browned (use a spatula to peek). Flip back onto a plate, brush with butter and serve! It was a big hit and I will definitely try it again!