Thursday, September 26, 2013

My Brother's Mario Groom's Cake

I just had to share a picture of the groom's cake I made for my brother, Travis's wedding last weekend.  The top two layers are fondant on cake boards, and the bottom layer is a white almond confetti cake with buttercream icing and filling (because my brother's awesome like that).  After it's fair share of issues, the cake actually turned out really cute. 

"you are my star; together we are invincible"
I couldn't think of a better way to tie in the Mario theme
to the marriage of my brother and his bride
 
We've been playing Super Mario since we were kids, so this cake is not only fun, but it also reflects my brother and a little piece of our childhood.  Because what's a wedding without tradition?
 

 
Of course, you want to see this beautiful bride and handsome groom, too!

 
 

And what wedding would be complete without an adorable flower girl ;)


I just couldn't resist a picture with my Travi - didn't he look great?!

No comments:

Post a Comment