makes 8 servings, 9 WW pts each
- 12 oz. uncooked whole wheat rotini
- 1 t. olive oil
- 1/2 c. panko breadcrumbs
- 2 T. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 t. Italian seasoning
- 8 oz. cooked Italian chicken sausage, thinly sliced
- 1 medium yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium uncooked onion, chopped
- 1 lb. sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 c. sliced black olives
- 2 T. water
- 4 c. marinara sauce (I didn't have this much, so I used 3 c. marinara, 1/4 c. tomato paste, and 3/4 c. water to make up the difference - this does not affect point values)
- 1 c. shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 9 x13" pan with cooking spray. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and return to pot.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add breadcrumbs and reduce heat to medium-low, stirring often, to toast. After about 4 minutes, remove from heat and place breadcrumbs in a small bowl along with parmesan and oregano.
3. In the same skillet, cook sausage over medium-high heat until browned, about 5 minutes. Place on a plate and drain fat from skillet.
4. Add pepper and onion to skillet; cook until vegetables start to brown and soften, about 5 minutes.
5. Add mushrooms, olives, and water to skillet; cook until veggies are tender, about 8 minutes.
6. Add vegetables, sausage, and marinara sauce to the pasta, toss to coat. Spoon into prepared baking dish and sprinkle with mozzarella and toasted breadcrumbs.
7. Bake until heated through and cheese melts, about 25 minutes. Slice into 8 pieces and serve.