Monday, November 4, 2013

8 Things You Never Thought To Do With a Crabapple

Here's a fun list I've been compiling of things to do with crabapples - you know, those little cherry-sized guys that fall from the trees every Fall and inevitably end up being stepped on and smashed?  Well, apparently they are edible (taste like very tart little apples) and can be made into lots of delicious creations.  To be honest, we didn't get ours harvested this year, but I decided to share some of the yummy ideas I had for them anyway.  Maybe next year I can try a few!  Here's the links:












Hopefully these will inspire some awesome fall favorites that you can make from your own trees (or the neighbors, as long as you share the end result!).  Let me know if you've had, made, or heard of any of these or any others.  I'm really hoping to try cooking with crabapples one of these years! 

Happy Monday!

Love, Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment