Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Happily 10 years after

This July marched 10 years since we said "I do" and became husband and wife.  TEN YEARS.  Back in 2006, I told my brand new hubby that I wanted to be one of those cheesy/awesome couples that does things like renew their wedding vows and take anniversary pics in their wedding attire.  His response, "Sure, honey.  If you can still fit in your wedding dress."  Challenge accepted, 20 year old Michael.
 

 
This photo makes me feel invincible.
And STRONG. 
This photo screams for better or worse, we got this.
 

Well, 10 years and 2 kids later, guess who got in that dress?  And who kept his word and took intimate, romantic, incredibly fun anniversary pictures?  You guessed it, friends:

Sure it's probably not as awesome as flying to Vegas and renewing our vows with an Elvis impersonator, but thanks to our amazingly talented cousin/friend/photographer, Elizabeth Burns, we were able make that promise a reality and so much more.  Besides, there's always year 20 for that...
 
When we watched our wedding video this year with the girls, we had to laugh at a few lines from the ceremony.  One of my favorites is from our Pastor, "I don't think you're crazy.  I just think your crazy in love."  I wonder if he'd still agree?  Probably depends on the day...



Ready?
I'm ready. Are you ready?
I'm ready. Let's go.




Another thing our Pastor said in our wedding ceremony that really hit home was when he gave us his advice of what he wanted us to do later in our marriage.  One was to remember how we felt on that day.  Another was to get out our photo albums and look at our wedding pictures, share them with our kids.  Well, we decided to one-up that promise and actually share the emotions and excitement of our wedding with our girls.  I found dresses similar to our flower girls' and brought the girls to help recreate some of our favorites.  Even at this age, it was a lot of fun to share with them.
you are my sunshine,
my only sunshine.

ahhh, her little foot
will their feet ever stop being so darn cute to me?

he loves me, he loves me not, he loves me...
he loves me A LOT.

I totally trust you and all...
but I'm hanging on anyways.
 
For most of the photos, Elizabeth gave us a general pose and we sort of did what was natural from there.  For a few of them, we attempted to recreate a few of our favorite wedding photos.  Take a look:
original wedding photo
7.16.06

10th anniversary
7.2016

 

2006
 

2016


 
wedding photo 2006

recreation + the kiddos 2016

better than perfect

and the reason we have a house rule of shorts under dresses...
 


ok, so maybe we are a little crazy...


yep, this basically sums up our tenth year of marriage
 
just married
2006
 

happily 10 years after
2016

Lastly, we took a few extras with this adorable sign that my friend, Kristi, painted for us.  Anyone that was at our wedding will probably notice that she even incorporated our wedding flowers!


And there you have it - Happily 10 years after.

No comments:

Post a Comment