Saturday, March 29, 2014

About Aboo: 30 weeks!

My dearest Emelina,

Well, kiddo, we're in the homestretch now!  Made it to the 30's and feeling pretty good about it.  Hard to believe that you'll be here in about 2 months (maybe less if you're impatient like Peanut!).  Sometimes I think I'm the only one who realizes how close we're getting.  The idea of June just seems so far away on cold, dreary days like this one (though I still have my doubts that you'll make it all the way til June, my guess is maybe around Memorial Day).  I don't have too many stats to report, but I did remember to ask Dr. Stevens for my belly measurement at this week's appointment.  She said we are measuring right on track at 29 cm (should be within a couple cm of the # of weeks, so 28-32ish at this point).  My weight it almost identical to this point with Annalyn, and all our 28 week blood tests came back normal.  Your heart rate was in the 150's this week and you even got feisty and kicked at the Doppler. 

I've been wearing the support belt any time I'm doing a lot of walking/standing which seems to help, though I've had a hard time leaving it on for 13 hours straight.  For whatever reason, I don't like the big elastic waistbands or anything tight around my waist this pregnancy.  Good thing these last couple months are in the spring so I can wear dresses/skirts!  Grandma Cindy even found me some super comfy, stretchy shoes that work with dresses/skirts for work (at least while pregnant - you can only be so stylish with closed toed, no heel, comfy enough to wear for 14 hours a day shoes).  I can tell I'm getting close to the end because my white coat won't button, my patience is waning, and I'm always hungry.  On the plus side, I don't have any swelling in my hands, feet, or legs even after my 13 hour days (knock on wood!)

What I do have is a major sweet tooth lately!  This is not usual for me, and even with my last pregnancy, most of my cravings were for salty/sour foods (probably why your big sis eats lemons like they're oranges - I agree, it's weird.  You can help me make fun of her for it someday).  Makes it very hard when I'm at work and have a whole grocery store full of food at my disposal.  But never fear, I emailed a friend for some healthy snack ideas to help get us through between meals.  I'm bound and determined not to go super crazy since I hope to go back on Weight Watchers this summer.  But, for the record and nostalgia's sake, we've really enjoyed butter pecan ice cream cones, cantelope (a healthy sweet at least!), decaf carmel macchiatos, oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, and tiramisu these past few weeks.  Also, this parmesan cheese covered in black pepper, but that doesn't really fit the sweet tooth pattern...

You're still kicking like crazy and I keep telling Daddy that you're going to be tall because it feels like you're running out of room already.  I feel you stretching a lot lately and have to encourage you to save baby yoga for when you come out because my ribs just can't expand anymore.  I've started getting out of breath easily as all my organs are squished up making room for your acrobatics. Still having some trouble with my hips/legs/sciatic nerves but I think that's just par for the course for me.  Daddy laughs at me when I can't climb into bed at night after a long day, and heckles me for struggling to turn over at night.  Needless to say, he's had to go rescue Annalyn the couple times she's fallen out of bed this week.  Those fun leg cramps have started in my calves at night, too.  But nothing this mama can't handle!

Let's see, what else is new around here... Well, we are in the process of hiring a new nanny since Michaela told us she's accepting a full time position in May.  It's been a big, BIG stress added this past month, but fingers crossed,  I think we've found someone who will be the perfect fit for you and Annalyn.  After meeting her and talking with a couple references, we both have pretty high hopes.  It's even harder this time for a couple reasons.  First of all, we will be leaving a 3 month old baby instead of a 6 month old.  Annalyn's birthday was nicely timed so that Daddy had her for the whole summer after my 12 week maternity leave, so she wasn't with a nanny until her half birthday.  Although we are super excited to have the whole summer off together (maybe the only time all of us will ever be off for the entire summer!), it will be hard that both of us will be starting back to work around the same time.  Aside from that, we're leaving two kids, knowing that our nanny's time will be split between you, and it won't be someone we really know that well.  I'm planning to have her come a few times over the summer to get to know us all better, so hopefully that will put all our minds at ease.  I hope that by the time you can read this, you will look back and say, "Geez, Mom, how did you ever doubt/worry about her?  She's the best nanny ever!"  Hey, a mama can hope, right?

Another big step for our family this week - Daddy and I attended a new member orientation at a church we've been attending a little lately.  Although we can only really go every other week with my work schedule, we've decided it's time for us to have a church home and community for our growing family. We're hoping to become official members in a couple weeks, and probably even baptize you there this summer.  They have tons of kids (in fact, 1/4 of the their members are under 18!), and a lot of Sunday school, preschool, and nursery options for little ones.

Wow, I guess I had more to report than I thought.  Big month for us, baby girl!  Most importantly, we're healthy, happy, and growing.  What more can we really hope for?  Anxiously awaiting your arrival (I even bought your baby book last weekend!).  Love you like crazy.

Love,

Mama


PS - this may be the coolest bump pic ever.  It definitely rivals Annalyn's 18 week bump pic with Pooh.  If you happen to attend Butler someday, it will definitely win :)

No comments:

Post a Comment