- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 t. salt
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 2 T. mustard
- 2 T. cider vinegar
- 1 T. brown sugar
- water, to cover (about 1 c.)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- buns, mustard, pickles for serving
1. Brown hamburger, in a skillet over medium high heat. Sprinkle with salt while cooking, and use a wooden spoon to break apart the beef into small crumbles.
2. Add chopped onion and cook additional 2-3 minutes until onion is translucent. Drain the fat, and return meat mixture to skillet.
3. Add mustard, vinegar, brown sugar, and enough water to just cover the meat. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 15-20 minutes until water is cooked out.
4. Add salt and pepper to taste. Heat buns and serve with additional mustard, dill pickles, or ketchup.