Ingredients: (makes 12 muffins)
- 1 Make Ahead Muffin Mix
- 1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 2 1/2 t. baking powder
- 1/4 t. salt
- 4 T. melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 t. vanilla (or lemon extract)
- 3 T. milk
- zest of 1 lemon (optional)
- 1 c. blueberries
- coarse sugar to garnish tops (if not using a glaze)
for glaze (optional): juice of 1 lemon, 1/3 c. powdered sugar
1. In a small bowl, mix wet ingredients (except blueberries) until smooth. Pour make ahead mix (dry ingredients) into a medium mixing bowl and whisk slightly to break up any lumps.
2. Make a well in dry ingredients, then pour in the wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Batter will be somewhat thick.
3. Gently fold in blueberries, being careful not to overmix (you will get a few more blue streaks using frozen blueberries, but I promise it will taste just as yummy!).
4. Spoon into greased/lined muffin tins, sprinkle with coarse sugar, and bake at 375 for 15 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean. (again, if you decide to use a glaze, don't add the coarse sugar)
5. For lemon glaze, mix juice of 1 lemon with 1/3 c. powdered sugar and drizzle over warm muffins. If you chose to use a sugar top instead, you're done! Enjoy!!