- 2 whole wheat tortillas
- 1 can fat free refried beans
- 1 c. + 2 T. shredded reduced fat Mexican-style cheese
- 1 c. cooked brown rice
- 1 c. yellow corn, drained
- 1 can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 oz. can chopped green chili peppers
- 2 scallions, white and green parts, chopped
- 3/4 c. fat free sour cream
- 1/2 t. chili powder
- 1/4 t. cumin
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/4 t. black pepper
- 1 c. canned red enchilada sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a round casserole dish or deep dish pie plate with cooking spray, then place one tortilla in the bottom (this is like the "crust" of the pie). Spread refried beans evenly over the tortilla, then top with 3/4 c. shredded cheese.
2. In a large bowl, combine rice, corn, pinto beans, green chilis, scallions sour cream, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. Spoon evenly into the casserole dish over the beans/cheese.
3. Top with remaining tortilla, drizzle with enchilada sauce and bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
4. Remove from oven, top with remaining cheese, and return to oven for 10 minutes, until cheese melts. Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before slicing.