Saturday, May 30, 2015

Top 10 Most Popular Food Posts - Now With Printable Recipes!

It's true, After 6 (7?) years of food blogging, I finally figured out how to put printable recipe links at the end of my step by step recipes.  Woohoo!!  Finally, a simple way to print out my recipes without it taking multiple pages to do so.  In honor of my recent epiphany (and all the work it took to retroactively add a link to the bottom of each and every recipe I've ever blogged), I decided to do a post about my most popular recipes over the years. 

It's been really interesting to go back and see how my blogging has changed, improved, worsened, improved, and changed again based on what's going on at the time.  I try to blog pretty real-time.  Usually when I post a recipe, I've just made it the night or two before.   That being said, I don't plan my meals around blogging.  Depending on the weather, time of day, morning sickness, and how much (little) time I have to cook, I don't always have the perfect lighting or time to plate and primp the dish before photographing it.  Lately, I have very little time to edit pictures, so a lot of my posts have been done on my phone.  Sometimes, I even forget to take a picture of the end result - this usually means it's particularly delicious and we have company.  I'm nothing if not a good hostess. But I like to share the recipe anyway, so I just go with it.

I've also realized that I really want my readers to enjoy their food.  I end almost every recipe with "Enjoy!" or "dig in!" or "devour."  Obviously, emotion is a big part of my cooking.

Another funny thing that I realized when pulling the recipes for this post - the dishes with the most views are not always my favorites.  They aren't necessarily the prettiest or best photographed, or most unique or even the most popular with my family.  At first, I was a little frustrated by this, but then I realized that it justifies my iPhone-photographed posts and half-eaten final pictures.  And for that, this tired working mama is forever grateful.  I started Making Mama's Kitchen to share recipes and inspire people to get into the kitchen.  Along the way, I added a lot of family/kid posts, but at the heart of it all is FOOD.  Each of these posts has over 1,000 views to date (with the top one having over 18,000!) which is just amazing to me. Here's a look at my top 10 most popular food posts (based on number of views, counting down for dramatic effect):

10. Annalyn's First Birthday Banana Cake

printable recipe



9. Funfetti Cake Dip with Animal Crackers

printable recipe

8. Pumpkin Fluff Pie

printable recipe


printable recipe

6.  Homemade Peanut Butter Banana Dog Treats

printable recipe

5.  Michael's Limoncello Cream Cake

printable recipe

4.  Homemade Apple Pie Filling

printable recipe

3.  Dutch Apple Pie

printable recipe

2.  Cajun Roasted Chicken

printable recipe

1.  Stovetop Cornbread

printable recipe


And there you have it - my 10 most viewed posts.  Click on the names and check out a few or the links below to see the handy dandy printables.  Most of all, ENJOY!!

Love,
Mama

PS - I also realized that I can't spell the word whisk to save my life.  I alternate between h and no h (wisk).   Go figure.... please don't hold it against me.

No comments:

Post a Comment