Ingredients: (makes one 9x13" pan, 8 servings = 9 WW pts each or 10 servings = 7 WW pts each)
- 2 c. cooked quinoa (about 1/2 c. uncooked)
- 2 mashed bananas
- 2/3 c. unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1/2 c. brown sugar, unpacked
- 1 t. baking soda
- 2 T. chia seeds
- 2 T. flax seeds
- 1 c. whole wheat flour
- 2 c. rolled oats
- 1/2 t. cinnamon
- 1/4 c. mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 c. chopped walnuts
- 1-2 T. wheat bran, optional
1. Cook quinoa according to package directions (place 1/2 c. quinoa in 2 c. water, bring to boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.). Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, combine quinoa and wet ingredients.
3. Add dry ingredients, except wheat bran, and stir until just combined. Transfer to a greased 9x13" pan.
4. Sprinkle wheat bran over the top of the bars and bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool, then slice into desired number of servings. I like to place each bar into a ziplock bag, then toss in the fridge for an easy grab and go breakfast.