- 1 c. hummus
- 1 c. feta cheese
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1 c. chopped tomato
- 1/2 c. chopped kalmata olives
- 4 t. za'atar
**for vegetarian option - substitute 1 can chickpeas for the ground beef.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Brown hamburger in a skillet over medium-high heat (I usually brown the whole pound and save half for another recipe.)
2. Add spices and 2 T. water to the beef and stir until evenly distributed.
3. Place naan on a large baking sheet and cook according to package directions.
4. Spread hummus over each piece of naan, then layer on beef, feta, onion, tomato, and olives.
5. Sprinkle with za'atar and garnish with cilantro; serve.
This is why I have a skewed vision of what constitutes "typical kid food"... they loved it! (I did substitute shredded cheese for the feta because they aren't big fans of that yet.)