- 1 pint strawberries
- 2 packages fillo shells (30 shells)
- 1 c. mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 c. powdered sugar
- zest of one lemon
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 T. basil leaves, whole if small or sliced thinly
1. Combine mascarpone cheese, sugar, lemon zest and juice in a small bowl.
2. Put in a ziplock bag or icing bag and pipe into fillo shells.
3. Rinse strawberries, remove green stems. Slice or chop. Top each shell with strawberry, then pipe small amount of cheese mixture on top.
4. Garnish with basil and refrigerate until ready to serve.