Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Two Bean Chili Salad with Smoked Chicken

Here's a quick and easy no-cook WW recipe.  I was so intrigued by it that I had to try it.  We ate it as a light meal, but it would also be a quick side dish for a potluck or pitch-in.  I bought the smoked chicken from the deli in my grocery store and just asked them to cut it into inch thick slices so I could chop it.


Two Bean Chili Salad with Smoked Chicken

Ingredients:
-12 oz. bag frozen french cut green beans
-1 can kidney beans, drain and rinse
-8 oz. deli smoked chicken, chopped
-1 T. cider vinegar
-2 t. chili powder
-1 T. olive oil
-1/2 t. each salt and black pepper




Directions:

1.  Cook the green beans, then rinse with cold water and drain.  Add 1 can of drained and rinsed kidney beans.


2.  Chop the chicken and add to bean mix.



3.  Make the dressing.  I like to make it in these tiny little Rubbermaid containers.  Shake it well to combine, then pour over the salad.  Toss to coat, serve chilled.




7 pts per 1 1/2 c. serving!


No comments:

Post a Comment