Here's the recipe I made that she seems to really like (from the pouch or off the floor!):
- 1 c. mango, frozen or fresh
- 1 c. sliced carrots, frozen or fresh
- 1/4 c. water
- 1/2 c. packed spinach, frozen or fresh
- 1/2 c. no sugar added applesauce
1. In a medium saucepan, combine mango, carrots, and water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover, and simmer for about 5-7 minutes, until softened.
2. Add the spinach, replace lid, and cook another 3-5 minutes until spinach wilts.
3. Remove from heat, add applesauce, and puree using a blender or food processor, adding as much of the cooking liquid as possible to ensure all nutrients remain in the puree. Add additional applesauce as needed to adjust consistency. (for an optimal pouch puree, you want the final puree to be about the consistency of thick applesauce)
4. Carefully, with as few distractions as possible, fill the pouch - serve, refrigerate, or freeze until ready to use. Be sure to fill only about 3/4 of the way full when freezing to allow for expansion.