- 1/2 c. beer (whatever kind you have on hand, or beef stock if you prefer)
- 1 loaf rye bread, sliced
- 3 slices swiss cheese
- dill pickle spears, optional (but it just feels right)
1. Preheat broiler setting on your oven to low. Slice the bread into 1/2-3/4" slices, and place on a baking sheet. Set aside.
3. Allow pastrami to simmer over medium-low heat for about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, broil the bread for about 3-5 minutes on each.
4. Remove bread from oven, flip, and place a slice of cheese on half of the slices. Return to the oven for about 3 minutes until cheese is melted and slightly browned.
5. Split the pastrami between the three sandwiches, then top with the other slice of bread. Spread more mustard on the slice without cheese, if desired.