weight: 24 lbs. 5 oz.
height: 32" (as best as I can measure, which is quite hard these days!)
clothing size: 18-24 mos, size 4 diapers
shoe size: 4.5, can wear some 5's, but still kind of big (like your boots)
teeth: All but 4 canines and one bottom front tooth (although, I think one or two of your canines on top are cutting through)
Verbally, you have become an absolute chatter box. I can't even begin to make an updated list of words you know because you are constantly surprising us with new ones. You basically repeat everything we say, in addition to your own little baby talk conversations. Some of your favorites right now are:
- Sofia (Fi-fia) - you have become completely enamored with Sofia the First on Disney Junior. We only watch it every other day or so, but you ask for it all the time "Fi-fia, on?". Daddy even bought you a Sofia t-shirt, complete with glitter. Guess he's a little enamored, too.
- cracker, cookie, granola, pie - you continue to be a good eater, but your most requested foods are crackers (goldfish), cookies (animal crackers), and granola ("nola"). Daddy also taught you about pie this summer, so you point to the fridge and request it sometimes.
- olive (ol-la) - scratch that, your most requested food may actually be olives - green, black, kalamata, makes no difference. Like your mama, you're obsessed with them.
- Grandma (ga-ma) - finally, you started saying Grandma! And now you don't stop. Any time Daddy or I are on the phone, you say "Ga-ma, talk? Ga-ma?" until we let you say hi to your Grandmas.
- awesome & cool - confident as ever, you like to tell us you're an "awesome baby" and appropriately use "cool!" as a synonym for awesome. Sign of your generation, I suppose. Or maybe your parents' generation. Either way, it's darn cute.
- careful - this one must have some ironic meaning to you, because lately "caaaareful" means free rein to do anything as long as you utter the word while doing it.
- friends - namely, the neighbor kids. I love how you get so excited to see and play with them. You're really starting to tag along and engage in play with the other kids. Adorable? Yes.
- names - you are getting better at remembering and saying names, including: Chloe (cousin), Travis/Mally (Uncle/Aunt), Tammy/Jenny (at Mama's work), Emmy (Aunt, you've actually been saying that for awhile)
- clothes, shopping, boots - a typical little girl, you're in love with clothes. You ask for pants, shirt, hat, shoes, sock, and bows to be on/off. It's so sweet seeing you go through your closet looking for the perfect outfit each morning. Lately, you get super excited to go shopping, too. "Shopping! Okaaay!" And I taught you about boots - Annalyn, you're welcome; Daddy, I'm sorry.
- French fry - Daddy can't decide whether to be embarrassed by this or not, but Mama & Emmy are proud. Last weekend we went through McDonalds for a quick lunch and before we were out of the parking lot you were asking for French fries. The craziest thing about you lately is that you remember everything we tell you. I promise we do not each French fries daily or even weekly, but somewhere along the way, you've picked it up.
- nite-nite - Not only will you put your finger to your lips and shush us when something is "sleeping" but you like to lay down and tell us you're going "nite-nite." Some of the more interesting places you've done this include a sewer drain cover, the floor of the grocery store, and the kitchen table. Yep, parents of the year.
Sign language continues to be a part of our everyday communication and you've started signing even more. Some of your new signs are book, drink, potty, and again. Wow, for not making a list, I sure ended up with a long one! Don't worry, Peanut, you'll get used to Mama's long-winded stories.
Favorite toys: by far your favorite lately is your stuffed bulldog. We've even let you start sleeping with it, and you usually end up using it as a pillow. You love balls, especially when you can kick them, and your new wagon Grandma got for you. We also found a little kid-sized bench at Kroger and Papa put it up in the living room, where it still is today. You love to climb and hop all over it. Baby continues to be a favorite and you drag her around everywhere, giving kisses, pat-pats, and shushing us when she's sleeping.