Ingredients: (makes 12 muffins)
- 2 boxes Jiffy cornbread mix
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 c. milk
- 1 lb. ground beef or turkey
- 2 T. taco seasoning (or taco packet in a pinch)
- 1 can kidney or pinto beans
- 1 can sliced black olives
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/3 c. water
- 1/3 c. shredded cheese
serving suggestion: top with salsa (we used a peach version of this salsa)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a large skillet, cook ground beef over medium high heat, until browned and cooked through. Drain the fat, then add onion and cook for 2-3 minutes until slightly softened.
2. Add beans, olives, seasoning, and water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-high and cook for 10-15 minutes until veggies are cooked through and most of the liquid has evaporated.
3. Meanwhile, make cornbread batter according to box directions.
5. Allow to cool for about 10 minutes; serve with salsa.