- 1 1/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- salt & pepper
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 T. minced garlic
- 1 t. turmeric
- 1/2 t. ground cumin
- 1/2 t. ground coriander
- generous pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 cinnamon stick, or 1/4 t. ground cinnamon
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 c. chicken stock
- 1 t. grated lemon zest
- 3 T. lemon juice
- 1 c. canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/2 c. pitted green olives
- optional: 2 T. cornstarch and 2 T. water to make a thicker sauce
1. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the chicken thighs then place in a slow cooker.
2. Add remaining ingredients to the slow cooker and give it a good stir. Cook on low heat for 4-6 hours.
3. Serve as is, or ladle out some of the pan juices into a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil. In a small dish, combine cornstarch and a little water, whisk until dissolved. Add the cornstarch to the sauce and whisk constantly. The sauce will thicken pretty quickly. Allow to boil for about a minute, then reduce heat and simmer for about 5 minutes until thickened slightly (should be slightly thinner than a gravy). Season with additional salt and pepper as needed, then pour over the chicken.