- 3 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1/2 c. diced onion
- 3/4 c. honey
- 1/2 c. soy sauce
- 1/3 c. ketchup
- 1 T. canola oil
-1 T. toasted sesame oil
- 1 T. ginger
- 4 cloves minced garlic (about a spoonful)
- 3/4 t. crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 t. cornstarch
- 1/4 c. water
- sesame seeds, chopped green onions, and rice for serving
1. Very lightly season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper and place in the slow cooker. Dice the onion and toss on top of the chicken.
2. In a mixing bowl or large measuring cup, whisk honey through pepper flakes, then pour over the chicken. Cover and slow cook on low for 4-6 hours.
3. Using tongs or slotted spoon, transfer chicken to a plate or bowl and cover with foil to keep warm. Stir cornstarch into the water until dissolved. Whisk into pan juices, then re-cover slow cooker and cook on high for 15-20 minutes until thickened. Meanwhile, make the rice.
4. Carefully transfer chicken back into the slow cooker. Serve chicken over hot rice, and spoon sauce over the top. Garnish with sesame seeds and green onions.