Slow Cooker Mango Chicken Curry
-2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
-1 large green pepper, cut into chunks
-1 large onion, cut into chunks (or two half onions if that's what you have)
-1 (14.5 oz) can stewed tomatoes
-1/2 c. mango chutney
-1 large mango, peeled and sliced
-1/2 can light coconut milk
-1 T. cornstarch
-1 T. curry powder
-2 t. ground or fresh ginger
-1/4 t. ground cloves
-1 t. yellow mustard seed
-1/2 c. Craisins dried cranberries, original
-1 (10 oz.) bag frozen brown rice
1. Place chicken, pepper, and onion in a slow cooker; top with tomatoes.
2. In a small bowl mix remaining ingredients except mango and rice. Pour over chicken.
3. Peel and thinly slice the fresh mango. I finely chopped a small amount to keep for Annalyn's dinner.
4. Scatter mango slices on top of the chicken mixture. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours. Serve with rice.
5. For Annalyn's curry, I mixed baby rice cereal with the finely chopped mango. Add a spoonful of chicken puree and a dash of curry powder. Mix until smooth.