- 1 loaf ciabatta bread, cut in half
- 2 T. olive oil
- 2 granny smith apples, sliced
- 4-5 slices of bacon, crumbled
- 1/4 c. gorgonzola cheese
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 T. balsamic reduction, for drizzling
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut ciabatta loaf in half (sandwich style) and remove some of the bread if you wish to make it less puffy. Place on a baking sheet.
2. Brush bread with olive oil, then arrange apple slices evenly on the bread. Sprinkle with bacon pieces and gorgonzola cheese. Add freshly ground black pepper to taste.
3. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until apple has softened and cheese bubbles. Remove from oven, drizzle with balsamic and serve immediately.