Friday, June 14, 2013

Chickpea Salad with Fresh Veggies & Dill

Here's a recipe my BFF gave me months ago, I finally made about a month ago, and am just now posting.  Sometimes, that just happens!  The funny thing is that I've made this probably twice since then - so it's not for lack of deliciousness.  Either way, here's a yummy, healthy, fresh veggie salad for these hot summer days:

Chickpea Salad with Fresh Veggies & Dill

Ingredients:
-3 tablespoons olive oil
-1 (16 ounce) can chickpeas/Garbanzo beans, drained
-1/2 cup tomato, chopped
-1/4 cup red onion, minced
-1 rib celery, sliced (I didn't have any, but toss it in if you do!)
-1 cucumber, chopped
-1 teaspoon garlic, minced
-2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped (or 1.5 T dried)
-1 1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
-1/2 lemon, juiced
-1/2 lime, juiced
-cracked black pepper and salt, to taste
-1/4 c. feta



Directions:

1.  Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Stir in beans, sauté for 2 minutes, cover and turn off heat. Set aside.


2.  Gently toss all remaining ingredients in a large salad bowl.






3.  Add beans.  Just before serving, top with feta and additional dill, if desired.

once again, I got excited and forgot to take a photo
after I actually added the feta... fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment