- 1 lb. fresh strawberries, halved or quartered
- 10 oz. fresh baby spinach (2 boxes, if feeding more than 2 people)
- 1/2 c. crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/4 c. sliced or slivered almonds
for the dressing: (I usually double this and keep in a jar in the fridge)
- 1/4 c. + 2 T. balsamic vinegar
- 2 T. honey
- 1/2 c. olive oil
- 1 T. minced garlic
- 1 t. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 t. kosher salt
- 1/4 t. fresh ground pepper
Want to make this a meal? Add some slices of grilled chicken! Or serve alongside a juicy steak.
1. Wash the berries, then cut in half or quarter. Set aside.
2. To prepare the dressing, I simply place all ingredients in a mason jar and shake it like crazy. As an alternative, you can also place the ingredients in a bowl and whisk until combined. I like the jar method because it's easy to double the recipe and keep the extra for next time - just shake a few times and it's ready to go!
3. To assemble the salad, place the spinach in a large serving bowl. Toss with balsamic dressing until evenly coated.