- pastry for one-crust pie (I use refrigerated)
- 1 c. sugar
- 3/4 c. butter, softened
- 1 1/2 t. vanilla
- 1/2 c. Nutella
- 3/4 c. fat-free cholesterol-free egg product
- 1 c. heavy whipping cream
- 2 T. powdered sugar
- 1 t. vanilla
- mini chocolate chips or chocolate curls, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Unroll refrigerated crust into pie plate, poke all over with a fork. Finish the edge as desired. Line with parchment and pie weights or dried beans (I have a container of "pie beans" that's I've been using for years). Bake for 9 minutes, then remove parchment and weights and bake additional 2 minutes until lightly golden. Let cool completely.
2. In a medium bowl, beat sugar and butter with a mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla and Nutella.
3. Gradually beat in egg product on high speed or until light and fluffy (about 3 minutes). Pour into pie crust. Refrigerate until set, at least 2 hours but no longer than 24 hours.
4. Make the whipped cream: In a chilled medium bowl, beat all ingredients until soft peaks form. Or, now make sure you're sitting down because this will blow your mind, use a little blender. I used the Magic Bullet and it whipped up the most beautiful whipped cream in less than 30 seconds.
5. Spread whipped cream on the pie, garnish with chocolate chips. Store covered in refrigerator.
And here's a little story about why I'm a better Mama than housewife: