- 4 eggs
- 2 and 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups flour (ours was gluten free!)
- 1/4 cup butter (melted)
- 1 t. salt
- cooking spray for the pan
- toppings: whatever you choose! We tried jam/chocolate chips, bananas foster (bananas, brown sugar, butter), peanut butter/chocolate, and cinnamon roll (brown sugar, cinnamon, cream cheese icing), but the possibilities are endless! I also really like savory crepes with spinach, mushrooms, and cheese. Be creative and have fun!
1. In a large bowl, beat eggs until well mixed. Combine melted butter and milk and slowly add to the eggs, beating constantly.
2. Start adding flour, a little at a time until incorporated (as Brittany put it, by geometric dilution... yes, we are pharmacy nerds). Be sure to keep whisking to avoid any clumps.
3. Heat a small sauté pan over low-medium heat, spray with cooking spray. Using a measuring cup to ensure uniform crepe size, pour 1/3 c. batter into the pan and swirl pan to spread evenly. Cook for about 30-45 seconds, until crepe is no longer gooey in the center, then flip and cook another 15-20 seconds (this was my favorite part - trying to master the flip!). Lay crepe on a flat surface to cool. Can refrigerate for several days or freeze up to 2 months.