1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Saute onion and pepper in olive oil over medium high heat until slightly softened, about 1-2 minutes. Add chopped mushrooms and cook another minute.
3. Coursely chop the artichoke hearts and add to the sauce mixture. Add spices, and allow mixture to simmer for about 5 minutes until veggies are soft and sauce thickens slightly.
4. In a separate bowl, mix mozzarella and parmesan cheese, set aside.
5. Cut pizza dough into 4 pieces for large calzones, or 6 pieces for smaller calzones (I did 4 large Michael-sized calzones, but for me, 1/2 of one was plenty for a serving for me.)
10. Beat the egg and brush over the top of the calzone. This gives it a nice shine, color, and texture when baked. Bake in preheated 400 degree oven for 12-15 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.