1. Place the chicken in an even layer in a large slow cooker over low heat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. In a small bowl or large measuring cup, combine bacon, flour, and Guinness. Pour over the chicken thighs.
3. Add carrots, mushrooms, and onion.
4. Add minced garlic and spices (except the parsely). Pour chicken stock over the top and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours, or high for 4 hours.
5. Add the parsely and green peas, cook for 10 minutes longer, until peas are heated through. Toss the mixture with tongs to mix, chicken will fall apart. Season with salt and pepper to taste.