Saturday, November 10, 2012
Peanut Post: Chicken with Sweet Potato & Apple Puree
Chicken with Sweet Potato & Apple Puree
- 3 lb. chicken thighs
- 1/2 c. onion, chopped
- 2-3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and roughly choppe
- 4 small apples, cored and chopped (peel if you like, but I usually leave them on)
- 2 c. water or chicken stock (I used some frozen chicken stock cubes, plus 1 c. water)
- 4 T. unsalted butter (a small amount of butter actually helps bring out the nutrients in orange veggies like sweet potatoes. It helps baby's digestive tract absorb the vitamins since many are fat soluble. And it tastes so good!)
1. Place chicken and stock in a slow cooker over high heat.
2. Top with chopped sweet potatoes, onion, and apples.
3. Chop butter and arrange on top of the apples. Cover and cook on high heat for 3-4 hours.
4. Puree in batches in a food processor or blender. Return to a large bowl and stir to combine.
be sure to add plenty of the cooking liquid in each batch
Peanut's going to love this one!