As the mother of TWO beautiful baby girls, I'm discovering how to make "Ashley's kitchen" into "Mama's kitchen." You know, like the kind in old movies and nostalgic country songs. Mama's kitchen - where everyone gathers to enjoy good food, weekend brunches, family dinners, and make lasting memories. That is my destination, and this is my journey.
On nights like this, who doesn't love a glass of hot cocoa? Here is my bulk recipe for hot cocoa dry mix. It makes a large batch, so make it now and enjoy delicious, creamy hot cocoa all season long. (I think it will make great party favors for holiday parties, too!) This recipe makes a very sweet and creamy hot chocolate. This year, I decided to try french vanilla creamer instead of regular to make a french vanilla hot cocoa mix. My family likes to put a small spoonful of marshmallow cream on top and let it melt into it as well. Mmmm. Michael prefers his hot chocolate approximately the consistency of a melted Hershey's bar, so it's a little mild for him. He usually mixes in some extra cocoa powder. Like most things, do what tastes right to you.
Homemade Hot Cocoa Mix
- 1 box instant nonfat dry milk (the size that makes 8 quarts)
- 4 1/2 cups Nestle chocolate Nesquik
- 1 1/2 cups powdered creamer
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- secret ingredient: a big dash of holiday cheer!!
1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl or gallon ziplock bag.
2. Shake or stir to combine.
3. Store in airtight container, ziplock bag, or ladle into Ball jars. Top with mini marshmallows for a cute, festive gift.
4. To enjoy, stir 2-4 heaping spoonfuls into a mug of hot water. (depending on the size of the mug and how strong you like it). Top with marshmallow cream or mini marshmallows.