- 8 c. chicken stock (2 cartons)
- 1/2 c. fat free half & half (I used to use all cream, but decided to use some half & half to cut calories)
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 6 small or 2 large red potatoes
- 4 c. chopped kale (1 bunch)
- 1 lb. andouille sausage (or spicy Italian)
- 1 t. salt
- 1/2 t. black pepper
- 1/4 - 1/2 t. crushed red pepper flakes
1. In a skillet over medium-high heat, saute the sausage. You can either remove the casing and crumble the sausage, or cook in links, then cut into slices. I've tried it both ways, and they both rock!
2. In the meantime, combine chicken stock, half & half, and cream in a large soup pot over medium heat.
3. Slice the potatoes into 1/4" thick slices. Halve smaller potatoes, or quarter larger ones. Add to the soup.
4. Chop the kale and add to the soup. FYI - not all kale has the purple veins... this is an organic purple kale. I'm not partial to one or the other, this was just all they had at my store.