Monday, October 22, 2012

Slow Cooker Cherry Cobbler (4 ingredients!)

In honor of my pharmacy student's last week, I wanted to make a special treat.  However, after working all weekend, Monday morning somehow crept up on me and I had 10 minutes before I had to leave for work.  So, in a moment of spontaneity/creativity/early morning madness, I came up with this super easy slow cooker recipe that I could throw together in our tiny little slow cooker at work.  Never having tried making cobbler in a slow cooker, I knew it was a risk, but decided to give it a shot anyway.  I halved this recipe which is intended for a standard sized crock pot.  The pictures are from my phone since this was shot "on location" at my pharmacy.

Slow Cooker Cherry Cobbler


Ingredients:

- 2 cans cherry pie filling
- 1 box yellow or white cake mix
- 1/4 cup of butter, softened
- 1/4 c. chopped pecans, optional



Directions:

1.  Pour cherry pie filling in the bottom of a slow cooker.  The crock pot liner was clutch here - nobody wants to have to soak/scrub dishes at work!

2.  In a small bowl, mix cake mix and softened butter with a fork until crumbly.

3.  Pour cake mixture over the cherries.


4.  Sprinkle with chopped pecans.  Cover and cook on low heat for 3-4 hours.


it's like magic!

No comments:

Post a Comment