Monday, October 22, 2012
Slow Cooker Cherry Cobbler (4 ingredients!)
In honor of my pharmacy student's last week, I wanted to make a special treat. However, after working all weekend, Monday morning somehow crept up on me and I had 10 minutes before I had to leave for work. So, in a moment of spontaneity/creativity/early morning madness, I came up with this super easy slow cooker recipe that I could throw together in our tiny little slow cooker at work. Never having tried making cobbler in a slow cooker, I knew it was a risk, but decided to give it a shot anyway. I halved this recipe which is intended for a standard sized crock pot. The pictures are from my phone since this was shot "on location" at my pharmacy.
Slow Cooker Cherry Cobbler
- 2 cans cherry pie filling
- 1 box yellow or white cake mix
- 1/4 cup of butter, softened
- 1/4 c. chopped pecans, optional
1. Pour cherry pie filling in the bottom of a slow cooker. The crock pot liner was clutch here - nobody wants to have to soak/scrub dishes at work!
2. In a small bowl, mix cake mix and softened butter with a fork until crumbly.
3. Pour cake mixture over the cherries.
4. Sprinkle with chopped pecans. Cover and cook on low heat for 3-4 hours.
it's like magic!