- 2 large cans chopped green chilis
- 3 cans white beans
- 2 cartons (8 cups) chicken stock
- 1/2 jar jalepenos, chopped
- 2 t. oregano
- 2 t. cumin
- 1 t. salt, more or less to taste
- 1 t. black pepper
- 1 bundle chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 c. Monterray Jack cheese, shredded
**Serving suggestion: Greek yogurt or sour cream, corn chips, extra jalepenos for those that like it hot!
3. When ready to cook, place all ingredients except cilantro and cheese in the slow cooker and cook over low heat for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
5. This can also be made on the stove if you prefer. Saute veggies until onion is soft and transluscent, then add stock, spices, beans, chilis, and chicken and cook for about an hour. Then add cheese and stir until melted. Add cilantro last. To make this dish low-fat and much healthier, omit the cheese.
Some highlights of the party:
1. Lots of candles!
2. Marzotto sandwich... an oldie but goodie
3. Rock 'em sock 'em robots