Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Peanut Post: Annalyn's first cookie!

For Christmas last year, Michael & his siblings decided to all go in together and give their parents a gift card to put towards a new oven.   After finally finding the perfect model, we received this adorable thank you in the mail...
 
(it started with more cookies...
but Michael was quicker than my camera!)

Not only was this a really cute way to say thanks, but it tasted sooo yummy!  You see, these aren't just any cookies.  These are molasses cookies.  Michael's favorite cookie.  And I'm pretty sure they are magic - somehow these cookies stay incredibly moist, even after being sent in the mail.  Naturally, we tore into these the minute I got home from work and realized what they were.  After 13 hours of work and missing my baby, I even gave in and let Peanut try a little bite.  Other than the natural sugars in fruit, she hasn't really had anything this sweet, so this was a real treat!  I think it's safe to say she loves cookies like her father....
 


she even makes the same noises Daddy does when eating cookies!

Thank you, Grandma Eddie for this sweet surprise!  Love, Peanut

No comments:

Post a Comment