- 1 stick butter
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 c. rice
- 2 qt. chicken stock (2 cartons)
- 1/2 t. saffron
- 4 oz. grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 lb. chopped chicken breast
Directions: (taken from Brittany's recipe)
1. Cook the chicken in boiling, salted water (about 20 minutes or until tender - I usually slow cook the chicken from when I start cooking to when I need to add it to the rice & broth).
2. Melt butter in a large pot. Fry sliced onions in butter pot over medium heat about 5 minutes or until brown.
3. Then add cleaned, washed rice to butter and onions and stir for 5 minutes to prevent burning. Then add 1 c. chicken stock. Stir constantly.
5. Gradually add remainder of broth as the rice absorbs it. When the rice has cooked about 30 minutes, add 1/2 of the cheese and continue stirring.