Wednesday, March 20, 2013
Fresh Mexican Chicken Salad Wraps
Here's a fresh, healthy, Mexican-inspired take on chicken salad. Simple, fresh ingredients wrapped in a tortilla. It just tastes like spring and has me longing for a garden fresh tomato. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did. Here's how Mama makes it:
- 2 c. shredded rotisserie chicken, without the skin
- 3 T. olive oil
- 2 T. fresh lime juice
- 1/4 t. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 t. salt
- 1/2 t. cumin
- 1/4 c. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 small onion, diced (about 1/2 c.)
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeded and diced
1. Shred the chicken, taking care to remove all skin and bones. Depending on the size of the chicken, you may not use the whole amount (added bonus - it's ready to be thrown into a soup/salad/wrap the next day!). I always forget how much I love using an already cooked rotisserie chicken - I feel like half the work is already done for me!
3. Add chicken and cilantro, toss until evenly coated.
4. Chop the remaining ingredients and add to the chicken mixture. Toss gently to combine, then serve cold or at room temperature on tortilla wraps or as an appetizer with tortilla chips.
Each wrap is about 5-6 WW pts.