- 1 T. olive oil
- 1/4 c. diced green onions
- 1 T. minced garlic
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 t. sugar
- 2 T. reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 T. chile paste with garlic
- 1 t. water
- 1/2 t. cornstarch
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1/3 c. sliced basil leaves
serving suggestion: rice and snow peas/peppers/carrots
- 1 bag steam-in-the-bag frozen rice
- 2 t. toasted sesame oil, divided
- 1 (16 oz.) bag snow peas
- 1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1/8 t. freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat a large nonstick skill over medium-high heat. Add oil to the pan, then green onions and garlic. Cook for 30 seconds.
2. Add chicken and cook about 15 minutes until chicken is done. (With about 5 minutes left, start the rice.)
3. In a measuring cup, combine next 6 ingredients (sugar - salt) and whisk until smooth. Pour over the chicken, and cook for 1 minute or until mixture thickens, stirring to coat chicken. Remove from heat and stir in the basil.
4. For the veggies, heat another skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 t. sesame oil, swirl to coat. Add snow peas, pepper, and carrots; saute for 4 minutes or until veggies are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
5. Remove from heat, drizzle with remaining 1 t. sesame oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and toss well to combine.