- 1 c. diced sweet potato (I like to buy a few, dice, and freeze)
- 1 c. frozen green peas
- 1/4 to 1/2 c. water
- 1/2 c. packed spinach, frozen or fresh
- 1 pear, peeled and chopped
1. In a medium saucepan, combine sweet potato, green peas, spinach, and water. Meanwhile, peel and dice the pear and add to the pot.
2. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover, and simmer for about 8-10 minutes, until softened.
3. Remove from heat and puree using a blender or food processor, adding as much of the cooking liquid as possible to ensure all nutrients remain in the puree. Add additional water or applesauce as needed to adjust consistency. (for an optimal pouch puree, you want the final puree to be about the consistency of thick applesauce)