Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Baked Cinnamon Apple Chips

It's official, friends, I'm hooked.  For Christmas, I received this mandoline slicer and until about a week ago, had yet to try it out.  And then I did.  Now I'm hooked!  I just LOVE thinly sliced fruits/veggies, sprinkled with salt/sugar/cinnamon/spice and baked into chips.  I just can't stop slicing!  My favorites so far are the apples, so here's Mama's how-to on baked cinnamon apple chips.


Baked Cinnamon Apple Chips


Ingredients:
- 1 Granny Smith apple
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 1 T. cinnamon
(this makes 1 batch, or what will generally fit on two baking sheets - I decided to make a double, hence the extra apple!)

Directions:

1.  Preheat oven to 225 degrees.  Using a mandoline slicer or a knife, slice the apple very thinly.  (cut off the very bottom and start from there)


don't you just love the little star shapes in the center?


2.  In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon.  Lightly dip each apple slice in the sugar mixture. (or do like me, and rub it in on both sides!  Just depends how strong you want it)




3.  Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper, then place apple slices on the sheets, close but not touching.


4.  Bake for 2 hours, flipping the slices after 1 hour.  Also, switch the rack each sheet is on. 


No comments:

Post a Comment