- 1 boxed cake mix
- eggs, oil, water according to cake package directions
- 1 (3 oz) box flavored gelatin (and water according to package directions)
- 1 (16 oz) container whipped topping
2. Pour cake batter into the prepared pan and bake according to package directions, usually about 30 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean.
3. Allow cake to cool while making the gelatin according to package directions (except add both cups of water to the pot to boil, don't save the second one to mix in cold).
4. Using a large fork, handle of a wooden spoon, or other creative poking device, poke holes all over the surface of the cake. Pour prepared gelatin evenly over the cake, making sure to cover the entire surface. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight (I made this after work the night before Easter, hence the horrible lighting!).