Sunday, April 7, 2013

Working Mama Meal: Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup

Here's a spur of the moment true working mama meal from a busy Monday morning.  With about 15 minutes until I had to leave, I was inspired by the Reames noodles in my freezer to make this classic, belly-warming comfort food for my loves.  Using ingredients on hand, including frozen noodles and chicken breasts, I tossed together this delicious meal on a day when I couldn't be home to cook dinner. 

Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup

Ingredients:
- 1 lb. chicken breasts, can be frozen
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 c. diced carrots
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cartons (7-8 c.) chicken stock
- 1 T. Italian seasoning
- 1-2 t. salt, to taste
- 1/2 t. black pepper
- 1 (16 oz) package frozen noodles (not precooked)


Directions:

1.  Place chicken breasts in a large slow cooker.  Add diced veggies, tomatoes, and chicken stock.











2.  Add seasonings to taste (I recommend the above amounts).  Cook on low for 6-7 hours, then add the noodles and cook on high for an additional 1.5 to 2 hours until noodles are cooked through.  How simple is that?!



sorry, Michael finished this recipe for me
and forgot to take a final picture
(probably because it smelled sooo good!)

No comments:

Post a Comment